Sunday, March 16, 2008

It's 5 a.m.... Do you know where your pictures are?

So, I am sitting here, in the dark, 5 a.m. Sunday. Can't sleep. Am I pondering world peace? Worried about the ozone or the effects of greenhouse gas? Stumped over how I will raise my daughters in this crazy world and have them NOT hold up a gas station?

Nope.

I can't sleep because I can't stop thinking about my new scrapbook machine. That's right... I got a Cricket for my birthday and I LOVE IT!

For those of you not in tune with scrapbooking or my love of it, here is a brief synapses... It's awesome. Done. Nothing more to say. You get your creative juices out there into the universe, one layout at a time. You can spend quality time with friends who love it as much as you do (and who understand your passion better than anyone.) You document the priceless memories of your history, or as Jay put it, you put down on paper memories that previously only lived in your head. BUT... and here is the kicker.... you get to buy supplies, and this part is almost as much fun as using them. I can spend HOURS walking around a store, imagining the possibilities. I can (and have) spent probably thousands on supplies that now fill my awesome new scrapbook carts (yes, CARTS, plural,) in my dining room. I've spent nights filling said carts, labeling and organizing all my cool supplies and pretty much just staring at the awesome new paper I just bought.




I put some pictures up here of layouts I did that I love. Of course, I could love them b/c Addi is the subject and she pretty much rocks. And when I look at them, I really remember her sleeping on my chest, taking her first steps, and even where I was when I made the layout. I can only imagine how much better they would be if I had used my new Cricket machine... Did I mention I love it??? Thanks, Dad, for buying it for me!

Is there a twelve step program I should join? Perhaps. But I hope some of those steps include cropping, cutting, and using a diecut machine.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...